Established in 2010 and based in Hahndorf in the beautiful Adelaide Hills, Mordrelle Wines is a family owned boutique wine producer. A small batch of sparkling wine was first created to celebrate Martin and Michelle’s marriage. This was how everything commenced.
Martin and Michelle Moran, and her family, David and Jane Dreckow, have created this wonderful brand. The wines in offer are outstanding bottle-fermented sparkling wines and stylish Chardonnays. All our reds are basket pressed and aged in oak barrels for over 12 months. We have made three different styles of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and a recent powerful Malbec is about to be released. There are now available many old vintages of our sparkling wine blanc de blancs, hidding somewhere within the cellar.
Marvellous Art Works
The distinctive labels feature the artwork of Martin’s father, Jose Luis Moran. Jose was born in Mendoza, Argentina in 1938. He has painted thousands of oils and water colours which we are proud to use in our labels. He will always be remembered for his gratitude and wisdom, and the elgance shown in his artworks.
- 2011 Adelaide Hills Sparkling Wine Adelaide Hills Wine Show ‘Trophy Best wine of museum class’ in 2015
- 2012 Sparkling Wine blanc de blancs GOLD MEDAL The Wine Showcase Magazine 2015 summer edition.
- Association of Australian Boutique Winemakers 2015 Boutique Wine Awards, SILVER MEDAL.
- 2011 Adelaide Hills Sparkling Wine Adelaide Reviews ‘HOT 100 SA WINES’ in 2014.
- 2013 Adelaide Hills Syrah Clone 1125 Adelaide Reviews ‘HOT 100 SA WINES’ in 2014
- 2010 Premium Sparkling Wine SILVER MEDAL ‘Museum Class’ in the Adelaide Hills Wine Show 2014.
Subscribe to receive special food and tastings events
Please subscribe to our mailing list to be the first to know about Mordrelle events.
[wpmlsubscribe type=”list” id=”1″]